- Programs to Support Families
- Supporting Social-Emotional Development
- County Departments of Human/Social Services
- CCCAP Administration
- Early Childhood Councils
- Grantees and Vendors
- Strengthening Colorado Families and Communities
- Colorado Shines Brighter (PDG B-5)
- Senate Bill 19-063
- Telehealth, Teleconsultation and Virtual Coaching
Early Childhood Councils
Request for Applications
Request for Applications: Early Childhood Council Systems Building, Colorado Shines Quality Improvement and Expanding Quality for Infants and Toddler CareThe State of Colorado is posting this Request for Applications (RFA) on the Office of Early Childhood website so that Early Childhood Councils and counties that have an interest may submit an application in accordance with the terms of this RFA. Early Childhood Council 2020 RFA | Frequently Asked Questions.
Please view the below RFA document and the corresponding exhibits.
Request for Applications 2020-2021
- Exhibit A: Contract Wizard
- Exhibit B: Colorado Quality Improvement Components
- Exhibit C: Statement of Work Template
- Exhibit D: Budget Template
- Exhibit E: Early Childhood Council Systems Building Budget RFA 2020
- Exhibit F: Colorado Shines Base Funding
- Exhibit G: Colorado Shines Business Rules
- Exhibit H: Overview of EQ Initiative Business Rules
- Exhibit I: Proposed EQIT Budget, Fiscal Year 2021
- Exhibit J: Proposed EQIT Statement of Work Template, Fiscal Year 2021
- Exhibit K: System Use Policies for External Users of Colorado Shines
Responding to COVID-19 | Resources for ECC's
The Office of Early Childhood is hosting weekly check-ins with Early Childhood Councils. View a recording of these check-ins below.
April 15, 2020 | Local Supports Weekly Check In
April 8, 2020 | Weekly ECC Check In
- March 26 Question and Answer
- Delegation and Guidance via Teleconsultation for Child Care Health Consultation
- Medication Administration Training and Delegation Guidance for Teleconsultation
- Teleconsultation Guidance for Child Care Health Consultations in Colorado
Make sure you are getting your information from an accurate source such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), which are updated regularly and provide valuable resources and information.
PDG 2020 Project and Grant Opportunities
Business Supports for Child Care Providers
The Office of Early Childhood Preschool Development Grant team is working with the Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) to offer business training and one-on-one business consultation to licensed child care providers at no cost.
No-cost, virtual child care business training is now available! Available training and registration details are listed on the “2020 Project and Grant Opportunities” section of the Colorado Shines Brighter (PDG B-5) website. Additional training options will be added as they become available, so encourage providers to check back. Training is offered either as a four week or six week series with different start dates and meeting times. Please encourage family child care homes and centers in your community to sign up for the training that best meets their needs. Each training is available to licensed providers throughout the state, regardless of their location. Participating providers will receive guidance in the development of a strong business plan while earning professional development hours through PDIS.
Small Business Development Center business experts are now available to virtually meet one-on-one with child care centers and family child care homes to discuss their business needs, including budget concerns, emergency planning, and more. Consultation is available in English and Spanish. This service is offered at no cost to providers! Click here to find the local Small Business Development Center offering this great opportunity in your county.
Early Childhood Councils are critical partners to ensuring the success of this effort. We look forward to your help in promoting these services to providers in your communities. Find more information on this effort, including how ECCs can support the SBDCs, in these resources.
Child Care Start-up and Expansion Micro Grants
Early Childhood Councils will administer Child Care Start-up and Expansion Micro Grants to prospective/new child care programs and existing child care programs across the state. The micro grants will assist with expenses related to becoming licensed for the first time or expanding an existing licensed child care program.
- Early Childhood Councils should follow this guidance document for administration of the Child Care Start-Up and Expansion Micro Grants.
- Child Care Providers can find the Child Care Start-Up and Expansion Micro Grant guidance and application materials here under 2020 Project and Grant Opportunities.
- This budget template is required for Child Care Start-Up and Expansion Micro Grant applications.
- This technical assistance document has details about other early childhood capital funding opportunities to help clarify how the Child Care Start-Up and Expansion Micro Grant funding is different.
- Lakeshore and Kaplan created helpful classroom diagrams and checklists here to help programs plan what they need for the application.
- Use this draft MOU with existing programs
- Use this draft MOU with programs that need to apply for a child care license
The Office of Early Childhood partners with Early Childhood Councils statewide to administer quality improvement and systems building efforts.
Rules and Regulations
Early Childhood Councils are governed by rule 7.717. Printer-friendly rules have been created for your convenience and are current as of February 8, 2017. The Secretary of State's website is your official source for updated and current rules.
Governance Waiver Application Review Process
Per Early Childhood Council Rule 7.717.6(E), Early Childhood Councils have the opportunity to apply for waivers to state governance rules and regulations when compliance causes an undue hardship. Learn more or apply for a waiver.
State TA Webinars
Recorded webinars for each State TA Day are available online. View the webinar archive.