Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) Administration
Colorado Child Care Assistance Program: Information for Counties
The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) provides child care assistance to families that are working, searching for employment or are in training, and families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program and need child care services to support their efforts toward self-sufficiency.
The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program is administered through county departments of human/social services under the direction of the Division of Early Care and Learning, the lead agency for the federal Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF). The state reports policies related to child care assistance to the federal government through the Colorado State Plan for CCDF Services.
Please refer to the Colorado Department of Human Services Memo Series for important updates and information regarding the management of CCCAP and the Code of Colorado Regulations rules regulating the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program.
CCCAP Allocation Task Group
The CCCAP Allocation Task Group operates under the Finance Policy Advisory Committee (Sub-PAC). The task group designs the allocation formula and presents it as a recommendation to the Finance Sub-PAC. Currently, 12 voting members make up the task group, 9 from counties and 3 from the state.
CHATS Modernization Project
The Child Care Automated Tracking System (CHATS) is the automated system used by the state and its county partners to manage and monitor the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP).
Based on the recommendations provided in a comprehensive needs assessment completed by Berry Dunn in October of 2014, the Office of Early Childhood received funding to modernize the CHATS system. After a rigorous bid process, Deloitte was chosen to support the CHATS Modernization project.
View updates on the project on the CHATS Modernization Project page.
Attendance Tracking System (ATS)
Attendance Tracking System Updates
Watch your email for regular updates as we prepare to launch the Attendance Tracking System! These messages will include resources to support CCCAP providers and clients. Additional information and resources are below.
- February 19, 2018: Provider Handout and Family Handout
- March 7, 2018: Provider Handout and Family Handout
- March 14, 2018: Provider Update and Parent Handout
- March 28, 2018: Provider Update (en español) and Parent Handout (en español)
- April 4, 2018: Provider Update (en español) and Parent Handout (en español)
- April 11, 2018: Provider Update (en español) and Parent Handout (en español)
- April 18, 2018: Provider Update (en español) and Parent Handout (en español)
- April 24, 2018: Provider Update
- April 26, 2018: Provider Update and Parent Update
- May 3, 2018: Provider Update and Parent Update (how to confirm care)
- May 4, 2018: Provider Update (iPad Fixes, ELV Support, PIN Reminders)
- May 16, 2018: Provider Update (en español) and Parent Handout (en español)
- May 24, 2018: Provider Update (en español) and Parent Handout (en español)
- ATS Waiver Request Form
- ATS Waiver Memorandum
- Manual Billing Under ATS
- Manual Claim Form
- Payroll Run Cycle 2017/18
- Instructions to return Point of Service (POS) Devices
- ATS Devices: We do not endorse any specific devices. However, the device you choose must operate using the iOS or Android operating system and it must be able to access the Apple App Store or Google Play. We recommend searching for "affordable tablets" online if you are still looking to purchase a device. We also recommend purchasing a secure device holder, which will allow you to attached a tablet or smart phone to a secure item to prevent someone from walking away with it. Examples of secure device holders are here and here.
- ATS Overview (Webinar)
- ATS Quick Reference Guides (Guides are available in both English and Spanish!)
- Provider Functionality (PowerPoint)
- Parent Functionality (PowerPoint)
- ATS Training Video Series (11 Videos): This playlist contains eleven videos addressing:
- Parent Community (Overview; Confirm/Deny Transactions; Set/Reset Passwords)
- Provider Community (Access Provider Community/Overview; Send/Reset Activation PIN; Enroll a Child; Overview of Parent Kiosk)
- Mobile Devices (Get into Kiosk Mode; Send Activation PIN for Parent; Enroll a Child; Edit Private Pay Household Information)
2018 CCCAP Conference Materials
Access all of the presentations from the 2018 CCCAP Conference here.